CKA Meeting Minutes


3rd December 2001



         Lee, Rick, Liv, Liz, Nick, Andy, Zareh, Ade and Ian (part)



         Received from Dave Bate, Jo and Jim


Approval of last meetings minutes



Chairman Report

         Nothing to report.


Treasurers Report

         £719.79 is in the bank. We have some bills to pay but canít as the chequebook is with the accounts being audited.

         City yet to pay insurance contribution and league fees.

         Dave Bate is reclaiming money for Littleport start up rather than Treasurer.



         Nothing to report.


Results Officer

         All up to date.

         Refereeing cards for Uni not filled in correctly but Nick has talked with Jim to put right.


Juniors Committee

         Base required for Duxford as one is broken. Dims to be given to Andy by Lee so he can get a replacement.

         We are not getting any responses for volunteers and those that do volunteer donít always turn up. Club Captains to go back to clubs to get volunteers.

         Parent support and help also required. Sijbren to meet with parents to get this support.


Fixtures Officer

         Dave Bate not in attendance


Refereeing Officer

         Refereeing exam held recently. Of the ten people who took it nine passed.

         Julian to be assessed to be 3rd referee for National League requirements.

         Andy is able to carry out BKA assessments.

         Another BKA exam to take place soon.



         Dave Bate not in attendance


Press & Publicity

         Latest press cuttings issued to all present.

         City Sport Ė No enrolments as of yet after five weeks. Coaches will be required and Sarah from Kites has said she may coach. We need six enrolments for half hall costs and coaching to be paid for so we should enroll current juniors such as St. Matthews on the course.


Development Cup

         The draw was held and the results were as follows in order of draw:


1.        Cambridge City

2.        Cambridge University

3.        Cambridge Phoenix

4.        Cambridge Tigers

5.        Cambridge Kites

6.        Littleport Lions



         Community Sports Workshop letter handed out from Cambridge City Council. Liv to review and may attend if applicable

         Zareh raised question of bringing subbed off player back on after injured player goes off court. It was confirmed this was at the discretion of the referee and both team captains.

         Does CKA constitution fit BKA requirements? Ian to clarify whether a copy has been sent to BKA.

         Rick asked whether 1st Aid kit at The Perse was available in the case of injury during a National League fixture. Denise Hayles of Tigers to check with The Perse.

         The Elm Tree (Cambridge City sponsors are now providing sandwiches after home league matches which are open to the opposition to come down and consume.


Next Meeting

         Subsequent to the actual meeting the next meeting of the CKA committee was agreed as being 28th January 2002 at The Boot, Histon.




Ade 14th January 2002